Massive teepees, waist-length dreadlocks, rainbow bunting and mystic dance circles: just one weekend at the Shambhala In Your Heart Festival in Chiang Dao put me up close and personal with a perfect slice of northern Thailand’s hippie scene. Started by a pair of Japanese and …read more
Did you know that you can build your own Milky Way? It’s simple, really. You need a field, a crowd, a few candle wicks and some pale paper lanterns. These will be your baby stars. Working with a massive group of stranger works better for …read more
This was my weekend to feel like a panda. Damyang has been on my Korea bucket list for a while, as it’s known around the country for its bamboo forests. Since its annual festival came around last weekend, two friends and I finally had a …read more
For a moment, I thought I had somehow wandered into a scene from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Night had descended and suddenly throngs of people in carnival costumes were rushing past me: dancers reflecting the flourescent colours of their clothing off the strips …read more
Travelling to: India
- What’s up with Tbilisi, Georgia? LOVE IS. 22 October, 2012
- Swimming in the River Kwai: The joy of ditching plans 25 January, 2013
- My summer plans: Employed in Luang Prabang! 28 May, 2013
- New country, new home: Hello Australia! 12 January, 2014
- Life at the #BlogHouse: serious intimidation in Besalu, Spain 11 October, 2012
- transplatacija kose: The same would apply to the early treatment of the...
- Sally - My Custard Pie: Your pictures are amazing. I visited Georgia for t...
- Damon and Jo: Phew! This is how it typically seems to go every t...
- rebecca: Hi there, I really enjoyed reading your past updat...
- Em Laz: Hi Naomi, Read this post with curiosity. You'...