AUGUST: In August, just a handful of weeks before I was hopping on a one-way ticket out of California, I realised that I better get my act together and finally do something that I’d been dreaming of for years: working up through the Pacific Northwest …read more
Just a hint of gold in the morning. Obscene amounts of chocolate as gifts. Something like fika in the southside (who knew you could find a Swedish café in Seoul?!) Konglish at its best. Tombs in the snow. Lunch in Samcheongdong (overpriced but delicious!) Christmas …read more
It’s finally been snowy in Seoul. I understand that, as someone who never grew up with snow outside of the occasional winter vacation, I get a little too excited over something that others, who have actually had to live with it, can find irritating. But …read more
This year, I am thankful for the city. I am thankful for one of the most amazing opportunities I’ve come across in my life. I am thankful for my job, for my coworkers. I am thankful for my charming, tiny apartment. I am thankful for …read more
Saturday, 4ish: One afternoon in Hongdae, Amy and I stop in a local café to sip caramel milk tea and devour this incredible creation. 8ish: We find ourselves at Vapiano, an Italian restaurant in Gangnam that specialises in freshly made pasta. 8:30ish: The food is …read more
Korea has tourism down to an art. The other night, some friends and I went down to Cheonggye Stream to check out the Lantern Festival – a huge series of giant ‘lanterns’ lined up in the path of the stream in a plethora of shapes …read more
Amazing food in charming restaurants. Hole-in-the-walls near Jongno. Endless nights out. Late-night beer snacks. Adorable Hongdae boutiques. Confusing apothecaries and herbshops in Insadong. Tiny bars and IV drinks! A million and one sports games. Holing up with friends in tiny basement bars. The best live …read more
The humidity is really getting to me. For the past few weeks since moving here, I feel like I’ve never actually been dry. There seems to be a constant sheen of sweat on my skin which nothing can get rid of (not even a shower!), …read more
Travelling to: Melbourne!
- What’s up with Tbilisi, Georgia? LOVE IS. 22 October, 2012
- Swimming in the River Kwai: The joy of ditching plans 25 January, 2013
- My summer plans: Employed in Luang Prabang! 28 May, 2013
- New country, new home: Hello Australia! 12 January, 2014
- Life at the #BlogHouse: serious intimidation in Besalu, Spain 11 October, 2012
- larry: Sounds like Australia...
- Aggouni: I love how everyone is just BEAMING in these photo...
- Aggouni: Safe travels home lovely lady, Melbourne has loved...
- Christie: It's so great hearing about your experience! I wa...
- Christie: Wow that sounds like such a cool experience! What ...