Flower offerings for the full moon in Sri Lanka Midnight in Sri Lanka. A full moon in Virgo is rising, ripe time for getting lives in order. From my hotel balcony I can see into an inner courtyard ringed with banana, coconut and frangipani trees, …read more
Today, for the first time in over four years, I’m flying back to my home country. To be honest, it’s because I was guilt-tripped. ‘My 60th birthday is this year,’ my mother said while visiting me in Luang Prabang, ‘and it’d be really nice if …read more
Just a quick update for those that haven’t heard already, but Google Reader is going out of service on July 1st. If you don’t use Google Reader, you’re good to go, but if you do, make sure you switch over to following Anywhere But Home …read more
Don’t get me wrong, Burma was fun. I’m currently in Laos as well, where, though a friend and I were comically robbed (courtesy of a possibly kleptomaniac mother at our guesthouse, remedied by an embarrassed father and daughter) and the daily rain has made everything …read more
This year, Thanksgiving is going to be quite different. Instead of mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie, I’ll be eating green curry and taro boba. Instead of being with family and friends, I’ll be in the company of other night train travellers speeding towards the north. …read more
So, one of my posts has caused a bit of confusion. When I first introduced my new Raja bag from Ethnotek (I like to think of it as my batik buddy), I got more than a few replies – online and in person – wondering …read more
Well, sometimes plans change. Originally, I thought my trip after Korea would a be straight-forward trip on the rails, but it’s become a crazy Round-The-World trip that keeps growing by the day. There’s a hectic few months ahead of me. My friend and I are …read more
Guys, I am so stoked. SO STOKED! First, you all guessed correctly – I’m currently on the first stop of the Trans-Siberian railway! I’ll be sending out e-mails to get your addresses for postcards :) Technically, we’re doing the Trans-Mongolian, as we pass from Beijing …read more
There’s something I failed to mention. It’s T minus 1 day until I leave Seoul (and life as I know it evaporates and/or explodes) but I haven’t yet told you where exactly I’m going. Well, here’s the short answer: I’m definitely not going home. In …read more
It’s that time again! Some of you might have already seen one of the latest photography contests going around blogs – TravelSuperMarket’s Capture the Colour contest – in which participants create a post of five images capturing the colours Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, and White. …read more
Travelling to: India
- What’s up with Tbilisi, Georgia? LOVE IS. 22 October, 2012
- My summer plans: Employed in Luang Prabang! 28 May, 2013
- Swimming in the River Kwai: The joy of ditching plans 25 January, 2013
- New country, new home: Hello Australia! 12 January, 2014
- Life at the #BlogHouse: serious intimidation in Besalu, Spain 11 October, 2012
- Unlocking Your Inner Artist: A Creativity Retreat in Bali: […] To secure your spot and submit a deposit...
- David: So many possibilities--it's an awesome choice to ...
- Robyn: Interesting you've reached this road, yet at 50, ...
- Katrinka: I vote ISTANBUL! But only if I'm still here. And...
- Suresh: I will try to meet you and learn all these when yo...