Flower offerings for the full moon in Sri Lanka Midnight in Sri Lanka. A full moon in Virgo is rising, ripe time for getting lives in order. From my hotel balcony I can see into an inner courtyard ringed with banana, coconut and frangipani trees, …read more
About Naomi Alyssa
Today, for the first time in over four years, I’m flying back to my home country. To be honest, it’s because I was guilt-tripped. ‘My 60th birthday is this year,’ my mother said while visiting me in Luang Prabang, ‘and it’d be really nice if …read more
Tuesday morning, 6:30 AM. Luggage packed and ready by the door. One last breakfast in your kitchen, one last cup of tea in the garden. One last fur-ruffling for the house rabbit. One last walk to the train station. And off you go. I would …read more
There’s a particular terror that you feel when about to uproot your life and move to a foreign country – with no job waiting for you, no apartment lined up, no money in your bank account and no return ticket handy just in case you’ve …read more
We were going to see blood, I just knew it. And the little girl…she was going to be first. I couldn’t bear it, but I couldn’t look away either. There’s a tradition in Catalonia that will terrify you. I know it did me – but …read more
It’s that time again. My room is barren, and most of my possessions have been whittled down into what fits inside my backpack. In a few hours, I’m flying to a completely new country, and hitting the road again for more than a month. It’s …read more
‘Naomi,’ Kate said suspiciously, whipping around and looking me over, ‘why do you smell…clean?‘ I looked down. My freshly laundered shirt was the only thing around us not covered in dirt and sweat. If my time in Thailand had a theme, it was definitely getting …read more
The sun. I remember the sun most of all. It came down harsh from up high, turning the city into stark opposing patches of light and shadow. My time in Athens was comically short – just a day long layover en route from Barcelona to …read more
There’s a place, just outside of the main town, where you’ll see something that will make your heart will catch in your chest. I heard about it first from the guesthouse owner. It was the first place she recommended to me when I arrived in …read more
Guys. GUYS. I am so excited about this that I can barely find the words to write about it. So first, a deep breath. And a few questions. First, what’s your creative outlet? Are you an artist, a photographer, a painter? Maybe a writer, a …read more
Travelling to: India
- What’s up with Tbilisi, Georgia? LOVE IS. 22 October, 2012
- My summer plans: Employed in Luang Prabang! 28 May, 2013
- Swimming in the River Kwai: The joy of ditching plans 25 January, 2013
- New country, new home: Hello Australia! 12 January, 2014
- Life at the #BlogHouse: serious intimidation in Besalu, Spain 11 October, 2012
- thisismyawesomebombasticwebsitesondontfuckwitit.com: Nevertheless, if the connection sours, the Search ...
- staklene prizme: With almost endless colorizing schemes available a...
- Yow Hussin: Hi. I'm travelling there on the 7th of may. Can y...
- transplatacija kose: The same would apply to the early treatment of the...
- Sally - My Custard Pie: Your pictures are amazing. I visited Georgia for t...