My name is Naomi, and I stand behind a camera and go ‘click, click, click.’
Travel has always been a major part of my life, most importantly because people fascinate me.
The things we do, the way we think, and the desires which manifest themselves around us mesmerise me.
Being in a completely new place, witnessing something that I’ve never seen before, or learning about a culture in ways I didn’t know – this is what puts the biggest smile on my face.
And now, I’ve dedicated my life to pursuing that happiness.
In 2010, knowing that I didn’t want travel to be something that only happened once or twice a year, I made the decision to permanently leave home in order to pursue it as a lifestyle.
In the time since, I’ve been an expat, working a 9-5 job abroad; a backpacker, bumming from one town to the next; and a transitory nomad, renting apartments for a month and then taking off again.
I’ve lived and worked in South Korea, Thailand, Laos, Georgia, and now Australia. I’ve travelled from Beijing to Moscow on the Trans-Siberian railway, spent a year backpacking Southeast Asia, periodically hopped back to Europe for visits with family and friends, and not once felt an overpowering pull of homesickness. Because, let’s be honest: though I love my home, the world is far more interesting!
I am 110% in love with this lifestyle. This is my passion. And the road is where my heart is.
Some of my more memorable travel adventures include…:
– getting shot at with live fireworks in Taiwan
– breaking my leg in South Korea, but then recovering in Japan
– working with mummies during an archaeological field school in Peru
– diving one of the most famous dive sites in the world in Malaysia
– travelling by train from Beijing overland to Moscow on the Trans-Siberian
– spotting pygmy elephants and wild orangutans in the jungles of Borneo
– backpacking Morocco as a solo 20-year old blonde gal…and living to tell the tale
– dropping all plans for a month to move to Georgia (the country, not the state)
– seeing something powerful during a night in the Negev
– ridesharing and Couchsurfing up the Pacific Northwest
– partying for 24 hours straight in Berlin
– disconnecting from the world with a nomadic family in Mongolia
– …and always being inspired to keep going for more!
All in all, people fascinate me. Travel sustains me. And an absolutely insatiable curiousity drives me.
Join me for the ride!
All rights reserved. Please do not edit any content found on this blog, and please don’t reproduce any content without permission.